BLOOM BOOK CLUB

COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New President!

I've been glued to the television most of the day! I'm sure Mrs. Swalley appreciated that I tore myself away to complete my "Monday folder" job at school, but I ran back home in hopes of catching the beginning of the parade.

As I've watched, I've been overwhelmed with emotion. I didn't vote for President Obama, but as I said after the election, I know that God is still in control, so I am proud to welcome our new President to office. I am so blessed to live in America. What a day!

What brought tears to my eyes most was seeing all the sights in Washington, D.C. and how thankful I am that I've had the opportunity to walk those streets and see those incredible sights with my husband and children. This morning, as I watched Diane and Robin on GMA, I asked Bren if she knew in what building they were sitting...and she did! The Library of Congress! What great memories we have!

No comments: