BLOOM BOOK CLUB

COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Busy weekend...sort of

I already mentioned in a previous post that I was working last week. I worked Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Friday, when I got home from school (work), I realized that in a matter of minutes, 90 to be exact, my parents would be driving in from Kansas City to spend the weekend with us. So, I quickly pulled the house together, checked on the dinner I started in the crockpot that morning, and awaited their arrival. Always on time, they pulled in the drive at 5:15 p.m. They beat Darryl home, since he had a meeting in Tulsa. We watched a little tv and visited on Friday night. On Saturday, we all went to Olive Garden to celebrate Beeper's birthday with lunch. Mom and I spent the rest of the day (and night!) working on a scrapbook for my Grandma Billie. I've been working on this scrapbook for years, literally, so mom and I decided to finish it together. Darryl and dad spent the entire weekend playing xbox. They left early this morning, just as we headed out the door for church. Whirlwind weekend for sure!
A huge bright spot to my weekend occured when Debbie Luttrell dropped off a few groceries on the porch and some delicious dessert that was still warm from the oven that she made just for us. She knew I had been working for 3 days straight, and thought a nice warm dessert might be just what the Paterson family needed...boy, was she right! Thanks, Debbie! Love you!

So, tomorrow, my little baby boy will turn 18. Wow! Words can not express...


No comments: