BLOOM BOOK CLUB

COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Alicia

Today was a great day! I was asked to be an aide for one student...the best part, he is in Alicia's class! So, I spent the whole day with her! And, the student had a great day too! They asked me to come back tomorrow and Friday. Actually, they asked me if I'd be interested in doing it full time. I had to say no. And it PAINS me to say no. What a perfect gig, working with my best friend, helping make her day easier...who could ask for anything more?! (Ok...so maybe a few thousand dollars more, but that's not why I said no!) I've been a stay at home mommy by choice for 18 years, and I'm just not about to give up this time, when Braden's down to his last 4 months of school. Can't do it! I'm looking forward to the debate weekends, awards assemblies and such that a working mom would find difficult. So, I said no, and I'm happy. I've always loved being a stay at home mom. I've been so blessed, and I've always know that. I've tried never to take for granted the opportunity that I've had. And as this senior year flies towards the end, I'm so so so so thankful! Grateful! Thankful that my husband has supported my being home. Thankful that my kids have always appreciated my being home. Thankful that we've always been able to afford groceries while I've been home!

But...I'm going back tomorrow and Friday. :-)

No comments: