BLOOM BOOK CLUB

COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL

Friday, December 12, 2008

Teacher Luncheon Success!

I just returned home from serving at the BYE teacher luncheon. Bridget Wilson was the hostess this year, and it was fabulous! She had the idea to serve soups in a muffin tin. She purchased very nice muffin tins, tied a ribbon through the little hole at the end, and we served a different kind of soup in each spot. It was a huge hit with the teachers. Not only were the soups delicious, but the presentation, in the muffin tins, was just too cute! On Monday, she plans to deliver the clean muffin tin to each teacher wrapped with a spatula and a recipe booklet containing each recipe used. I'm sure they will be wrapped beautifully as well. Very cute idea! Well done, Bridget! I wish I had taken my camera. The dessert table was incredible too! YUMMY stuff! BYE moms certainly know how to cook!

Since I've been at BYE for a loooooong time now, someone asked me who else had hosted the luncheons in their homes, and what the menus had been, and it got me thinking...I'll only serve at 3 more luncheons before Bren moves on to middle school. Wow! I can't believe it. We started at Young when it opened in the Fall of 2000. And in the Fall of 2010, I'll no longer have a child at Young. We built this house because we loved that it was just a block from the school...but sooner than I think, I won't even have a child at the school. Good grief! Where does the time go?

No comments: