BLOOM BOOK CLUB

COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I love Christmas decorations

I really love when my house is decorated. Maybe it's because when it's not decorated for some holiday, I feel like it's sort of plain. My grandma would, of course, disagree, saying that I have lots of pretty things in my home. But beginning October 1st with the Halloween decorations, straight through Thanksgiving and the Christmas decor, I love my house! Actually, I have almost as much Halloween as I do Christmas, probably more Christmas only because there are hundreds of ornaments on the tree, but with Halloween, each individual item is scattered throughout the house, so at Halloween, it seems even more decorated! Before it starts to sound like I'm a satan lover...my birthday is the day before Halloween (and my daddy's birthday is Halloween) so it's always been one of my favorite holidays...and one that I receive many decorations as presents for.

But today, the trees are gone. The stockings aren't hung by the chimney with care anymore, and I'm back to the boring same old stuff. Maybe I just need to move that same old stuff around a little bit, because I'm certainly not itching to spend money on anything. College, you know.

I'm off to buy groceries for our New Year's Eve celebration with the Greens.

No comments: