BLOOM BOOK CLUB

COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL

Monday, December 22, 2008

Phipps Family Christmas

Yesterday, we drove to Tulsa to spend "Christmas" with my grandparents. Traditionally, we always spend Christmas Eve day with one set of grandparents, and then the evening with the other, since they both live in Sand Springs. After my Grandpa Clyde died, and Grandma sold her house, we stopped doing Christmas at her house, but she usually joins us at the Phipps house. I love spending Christmas Eve with all my cousins and their children, even if it doesn't fall on the actual day anymore. My grandparent's little house is FULL of family! It brings back such memories of those Christmas Eve's of years long ago, when we were the little kids! Usually, our family Christmas is the only time all year long that I see most of these relatives. Of course, I see my grandparents, but the aunts, uncles, and cousins...rarely, but on Christmas Eve. Tammy and Chantz, Tracie, Mike, and their kids, Bobbi and her boys, T.J., Blair and their little one, and my little family are always there! This year, Cyndi came with her boys, which made it more enjoyable for my kids too! They love seeing Matt and Miah anytime they can! I miss having Candae there! When we were younger, we'd park ourselves on the furnace, and sit and talk the whole time. It was "our spot" and all the younger cousins knew it belonged to us. Tonya has been to a few of our Christmases in the past couple of years, but this year, she was just not feeling well enough to join us. I hope she is better soon. It's really fun to look back at those times. T.J. is still the big baby of the family...the only grandson in a sea of granddaughters! We had a great time enjoying wonderful food and conversation about how 2008 had been for everyone. The Phipps men always play poker at our Christmas gathering. Braden is SO THRILLED to be old enough to play now! Cyndi was mad that girls don't play. We do our own thing and exchange an ornament with each other. Aunt Sue loves all the ornaments, and wants to steal them all! She's too funny!
I hope we can enjoy many more years of Phipps family Christmas with my grandma and grandpa!

No comments: