BLOOM BOOK CLUB

COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The summer Olympics...and school

The summer olympics really needed to be over by the time school started. These late night bedtimes are killing us! Bren is getting to bed on time, but she's really upset that she's missing Shawn Johnson and the gymnastics competitions!


The 1st day of school went well for everyone. Braden's only complaint about his last 1st day of school was that "No One" has lunch with him. After prodding, he named off plenty of people who share his lunch period, including good friend Hannah....so "No one" was indeed an exaggeration! Phew! He came home with school supply lists including books for his college English class. So, we called Darryl and asked him to stop by NWACC to purchase the required books. $80 later...we've purchased our 1st of many college books for our 1st born. Yeah us! Oh, and I didn't even cry! Score one for mom! He was very excited about AP Psychology, and they get to play with Play doh. Braden and friends wore matching shirts to school today with the phrase "I'm not who I was" on the front, and "Ask me Why" on the back. I think 42 students purchased the shirts to wear on the 1st day of school, and most showed up with them on. Braden said that the shirts caught quite a bit of attention, some very positive, and some not quite so. Religious persecution alive and well.


Blake made it home on the bus. Relief blanketed me as I heard him walk through the door. (Not that his riding the bus makes me nervous...but we weren't sure what bus number he needed to locate, and I didn't call before school like I have in the past.) His first day went well too. He's not quite sure about Spanish II. He's still not released to run Cross Country, but hopefully next week. The thing he most wanted to talk about....Mr. Watson grew a beard over the summer.


Bren's 1st day was fantastic. She loves Mrs. Swalley! She ate lunch with Jane Ellen and Kennadie and a new girl, Sarah (I think) who she says is very nice too. I spent a lot of the day at her school, making copies and filling folders to go home. The day flew by! She was thrilled to see Abby after school and talk about their day. Abby's teacher made homemade Chocolate Chip cookies...Mrs. Swalley might have some baking to do!
Love,
Mom

No comments: